Show of hands, please… Who LOVES spending two hours (or more) of their life grocery shopping every week? (Hint: If you answer “yes”, then this post is not for you!)
Every. Single. Week.
Drive to the store. Park. Walk down the aisles. Up the aisles. Check the list. In stock? Out of stock? Compare prices. Place (sometimes shove) alllll the items in cart. Maneuver to check-out lines. <Groan> You forgot laundry detergent. At the BACK of the store. Now, back to the checkout line (errrr… lines). Put all the groceries on the conveyor belt. All the bags into the cart. Push the cart to the car. Put the bags in. Drive home. Bring all the bags in. Unload alllll the bags. Collapse.
So much handling of the groceries!! You’re tired and exhausted. Exhausted and tired. And then you hear, “What’s for dinner?” (Sigh… sound familiar?)
If only… (insert dreamy face here) someone could do your shopping for you? Where you’d just have to show up? Have someone else load your car? Wouldn’t that be MAGICAL???
Ya’ll. This is not a myth. It’s a real thing. Maybe you’ve heard people talking about it. Stop saying, “I’ll have to try it sometime.” and just do it! Treat yo-self! It’s the holidays.
Order your groceries online!
- Log-in to your account from your
- Desktop at grocery.walmart.com OR
- Mobile phone, via the Walmart Grocery app (it’s orange)
- Start adding items to your cart. Mark your frequently purchased items as “favorite” by clicking the little heart icon (you’ll thank yourself the next time you go to order).
- Choose your nearest Walmart location and reserve the day and time you would like to pick up!
- Enter your payment details (Here! Use my referral promo code and get $10 off your first order!)
Pick-up Day! Also known as the day of the week I reclaim two hours of my life!
- You’ll get an email about a half-hour before your reservation time, confirming your groceries are ready!
- Check-in when you’re ready via the Walmart Grocery app to let them know you’re on the way (this is cool because it literally let’s them know how close you are to arrival) or call the number listed on your email when you’re 10 minutes away.
- Arrive. Pull into the designated parking area. Stay in your car. Roll down your window and pop the trunk.
- The Magic Moment. Your new best friend will walk out the door, pulling a cart of your bagged groceries. (A heavenly light follows them like a spotlight to your car.) They will review your order, let you know if there are any substitutions and get your signature. Your receipt will be emailed to you. (And yes… you can enter it manually into your Wal-mart Savings Catcher!) Your groceries are loaded and the trunk shuts. Smile. Say, “Thank you! I’ll see you next week!”
- Drive Home. This is the first time you will touch the groceries. It is awesome. Bring them inside. Unload them. When someone asks, “What’s for dinner?” you might even have enough energy to answer AND make something delicious. And when you get that survey email, you respond; letting them know how friendly your new best friend/shopper was. (By name, of course, because you’re going to be on a first name basis after this. They’ve changed your life.)
Keep up the good work. Put that order in online each and every week. Take back over 100 hours of your life… per year! That’s more than FOUR FULL DAYS! (Yes, I added it up!) You deserve it!
NOTE: If you have never heard of Walmart Savings Catcher, download the app to your mobile phone now. Scan the barcode on the back of your receipt (or type in the transaction code from your pick-up email confirmation 😉). Let Walmart give you some of your money back! Check out how much I’ve gotten back over the last few years…