This “recipe” couldn’t be any simpler. (I am absolutely using air quotes here because this “recipe” is so stupid simple it’s almost embarrassing to call it a recipe.) Sweet potatoes (any potato really) in the Instant Pot is the best potato you’ve ever had. In about 10 minutes you can have potatoes that taste like they cooked FOR HOURS in the oven. Prepare to be amazed!
You’ll never want to heat your kitchen up with the oven for hours again (and don’t even get me started on how a microwave ruins 1/3 of any potato). The Instant Pot is the only way to go! Want to turn it into a whole meal? Add this hearty Instant Pot Black Bean Turkey Chili on top! (Seriously, you can make the potatoes, pull them out, drain the water, and go right into making the chili.)
- 4-5 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup of water
- Toppings, if you prefer (cinnamon, butter, honey, chili, etc.)
- Wash sweet potatoes.
- Pour ½ cup of water in the pot.
- Place your rack on top of the water and arrange your sweet potatoes on the rack (so that the potatoes aren't touching the water).
- Set your Instant Pot to "Manual" for 9-12 minutes.
- Quick Release the steam and remove potatoes with tongs.
- The skin will literally pinch and peel away like nothing you've ever seen. (The only reason you'd need a fork is so you don't burn your fingers!)
What’s are your favorite toppings for plain ole baked potatoes? How do you spice up a sweet potato?