This cilantro lime jasmine rice… it’s so yummmm! By itself, with chicken on top, inside a taco or beside flaky fish – this rice is so light and flavorful! (My people have asked for it the last two weeks in a row!) I only ever make rice in my Instant Pot these days because it makes it so fluffy! However, it doesn’t matter if you use the Instant Pot or cook it on the stove, this rice is simple and delicious.
If you’ve never cooked with Jasmine rice before, you’re missing out. It is incredibly fragrant! (I use Mahatma brand.)
Lime zest. Yum. Cilantro – lots of it. Double yum.
Add water to your rice. Stir. Put it on the rack in your IP.
10 minutes later… it doubles in size! So. Fluffy!
How gorgeous is that green against the rice?
Stir, stir, stir and squeeze all the limes. The smell is amazing. Beautiful flecks of green. Incredible morsels of flavor. Perfect rice!
Tried this in your IP or on the stove top? I’d love to hear what you think!
- 2 cups of jasmine rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 lime zested and quartered
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Put ½ cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Place rack in the bottom.
- Put rice into a glass Pyrex bowl (I use the 7-cup size).
- Add 2 cups of water to the rice and stir.
- Put lid on the Instant Pot, lock and turn the steam valve to seal.
- Set your IP to MANUAL for 10 minutes.
- When finished, Quick Release steam and take the lid off away from you once the floater drops.
- Carefully remove the bowl and set it on a hot mat.
- Add cilantro, lime zest and squeeze the lime on top.
- Stir and enjoy!