Life is filled with many moments, people, places and things. Every one of them can be something that involves discovery: life changers and life better-ers (Yes, I just made that a word.) For me, life is about embracing all those pieces and discovering every single drop of joy and happiness tucked inside.
Hello there! I’m Christy and I’m so glad you popped by! I started this blog in November 2017… something I’ve talked about (and talked and talked and talked about) for a very long time. It was finally time to stop making excuses and just do it! I am a creative person by nature, and though I am in marketing, my day job doesn’t always allow me to stretch my creative and writing muscles as much as I would like. I loooove making new discoveries (and talking to all my friends about them)… from finding recipes that taste YUM, to discovering exciting products & gadgets, to uncovering life’s best (and worst) lessons.
From confessions to comeaparts, and everything in between, I can’t wait to tell you all about why I love the Instant Pot, how the bullet journal changed my life, the mom-spit involved in raising my two precious girls (6 and 11), why my sweet husband (who also happens to be my high school sweetheart) quite lovingly rolls his eyes at me on the regular, and the crafts & decor I stalk on Pinterest.
A few things about me…
- Laughing is my favorite (extra points for sarcasm, corny jokes and puns)!
- But I have overactive tear ducts (it doesn’t take much!)
- I write like I talk (Grammar Police – you are my people. But this is a place where I’ll shut that part of me off. Ohhh, and I’m gonna make up words… like all the time. I’m a rebel. You may even like the word and begin using it. #trendsetter)
- I talk with my hands. (Don’t sit too close)
- Lists and calendars are life. I’d be lost without them! (My bullet journal is my third arm.)
- I (heart) a great analogy.
- Hallmark Channel movies are my happy place. (Fangirl waving at Lacey Chabert, Jamie King, Ashley Williams, Erin Krakow, Danica McKellar, Emilie Ullerup….ohhh sorry, I got carried away)
- My brain is 50% song lyrics (ask anyone I work with).
- I lurv a great carpool karaoke performance (at top volume, of course).
- I’m the worst lip-reader (the. worst).
- I love trying new foods (and am a serious “last bite” planner).
- I’m usually described as a fairly cheery person (however, I’m the most awfulest morning person – my brother even gave my morning personality a nickname when we were kids <insert eye roll>).
- Charades, Pictionary and games like Taboo are my most favoritest! (I like to win!)
- At the end of the day, I’m an imperfect person, in an imperfect world. Hoping to make it just a little happier. A little kinder. I mess up every day. Thankfully, My God heaps grace upon grace upon grace. And He reminds me of what it’s really all about. Love.